for Web and Mobile
User-experience focused designer with excellent visual, communication and collaboration skills. Experienced in all aspects of web and graphic design, with the ability to own an entire site or print deliverable from inspiration to launch. Data-driven design approach for customer-based solutions. Successful with planning, managing and prioritizing simultaneous projects on time, under budget, and to a high level of detail.
• Visual & UX Design for Web, Mobile, Print
• CS6: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Dreamweaver
• A/B Weblab testing and Omniture
• HTML5, CSS3, coding for responsive design
• Axure Pro for flow diagrams, wireframing, interactive prototyping and site maps
• CMS Platforms: Drupal, Wordpress
For pdf print version, please click here.
Amazon; Seattle, WA - Ecommerce Company
Role: Senior UX Designer, UI, Graphic Designer, January 2013 - Present
- Creating and maintaining user-focused web communications in collaboration with project stakeholders and other teams, while following established Amazon branding.
- Owning UI/UX design responsibilities for Amazon Services and other products/projects associated with it.
- Refining and improving design, branding, user experience with A/B weblab testing and other data-driven UX-based projects.
- Developing detailed product deliverables (redlines, creative assets) that effectively communicate UX designs and product requirements.
- Working closely with development team, providing direction and artifacts.
- Creating and maintaining style guides and pattern libraries.
- Maintaining knowledge of UX best practices and UI tools.
- Ability to prototype using HTML and CSS.
- Owned design and UX of new navigation system.
- Created a pattern library for global standardization within Amazon Services.
- A/B weblab testing optimization project on high-profile pages.
Microsoft; Redmond, WA - Software Company
Role: Contract Visual Designer, Graphic Designer, May 2012
- Contract in the Interactive Entertainment Business division of Microsoft to create visual design assets for the Entertainment Software Association's 2012 E3 Expo in Los Angeles, CA. The visual design assets were used in Microsoft's keynote speaker presentation.
Bodypoint; Seattle, WA - Ecommerce Company
Role: User Experience Web Designer, Graphic Designer, March 2011 - January 2013
- Modifying the user-experience of the Drupal based ecommerce site and associated user interface framework, adding functionality via new Drupal modules, streamlining the site structure and product categories via wire-framing, taxonomy, prototypes and final graphics.
- Enhancing the design and usability of site pages, creating graphic design elements and managing content.
- Performing site usage analysis for SEO, researching and analyzing statistical data and creating reports for key members.
- Designing and implementing web-based ad banners and landing pages, tracking results via site analytics, creating reports detailing success and conversions of marketing campaigns.
- Creating product marketing print sheets and managing various graphic and marketing needs as they arise.
Tacky Smack; Seattle, WA - Ecommerce Company
Role: Partner, Designer, 2008 to 2011
- Key member responsible for the full cycle of business and consumer goods product development from conception to launch.
- Collaborating on the UX/UI design, visual design, brand strategy, content creation and site management using the Drupal CMS platform.
- Creating marketing strategies and ad campaigns based on statistical web usage data and tracking the results via analytics to determine conversion success rates.
- Managing the social media outreach programs, packaging and collateral design.
Matthew Bollen - Freelance; Seattle, WA - Web, Mobile and Print Design
Role: Designer, 2001 to January 2013
- Stellar user-experience and visual design services for a diverse range of client websites.
- Visual design comps for web and mobile applications.
- Graphic design print deliverables focusing on marketing campaigns and product launches.
Markette; Redmond, WA - Internet Portal for the Sales Professional
Role: Director of Product Marketing, 1999 to 2001
Website: Copy of Website - ceased to exist in 2001
- Back in the hey day of Internet start-ups, Markette brought me in to expand and grow their product offering, salesguy.com, which was a portal for the traveling sales professional. My contribution led to a massive growth in user subscriptions and members via project management of the print and online marketing campaigns, and a weekly newsletter. I was also responsible for content management and delivery on the website, and for creating and maintaining service provider relationships.
NBBJ; Seattle, WA - Interior Design and Architecture Firm
Role: Retail Store Designer, 1994 to 1999
- International Interior Design and Architecture firm headquartered in Seattle, WA. I was part of the Retail Studio, and designed stores for clients such as Polo Ralph Lauren and Gameworks. Additional roles included creating AutoCAD construction documents, materials and finishes specifications, and roll-outs of conceptual plans into national programs.
Guerilla Art Society; Seattle, WA - Art Collective
G.A.S. is my passion as an aspiring artist, graffiti wannabee and urban street art advocate.
- Creator, Social Media Manager, Artist, 2008 to Present
- Facebook Profile
School of Visual Concepts - Seattle, Fall 2012
Level II User Experience, Level II HTML5 and CSS3
Colorado State University - Fort Collins, CO, May 1994
Bachelor of Science in Interior Design